The 2018 NJTL Summer Camps offer 6 weeks of tennis instruction based on the GreatBase Tennis Curriculum at 7 locations across Memphis. Camps meet Monday–Friday from 8:00 am – 12:00 noon (EXCEPTION-Eldon Roark meets from 9 am -12 noon.) Dates: June 4 – July 20* no camp the week of July 4.
Financial assistance is available: the camp is free if you are receiving government assistance (food stamps/SNAP, AFDC, Social Security, or Disability) for yourself or your child. Must provide verification letter of assistance with registration form.
Register online (below) and pay via PayPal, or you may register and pay in-person at the camp location. Space is limited.
Special events include:
- NJTL Tournament of Champions
- Camp-wide Jamboree, Saturday, July 21
- 20th Annual USTA Foundation NJTL Essay Contest. Winners travel to New York City for an all-expenses paid trip for two to the U.S. Open!
- Community Service Project, ages 12 and up. More details coming soon!
- Bellevue, Eldon Roark, Frayser, Raleigh, and Wooddale: $60 per week, or $200 for a summer pass
- Leftwich and Wolbrecht: $120 per week or $400 for a summer pass
Early Childhood Camp:
This year we are offering an abbreviated camp for ages 4-6. This camp will meet from 8:00 am-10:00 am at all sites except Eldon Roark, which meets from 9:00-10:30 am.
- Bellevue, Eldon Roark, Frayser, Raleigh, and Wooddale: $30 per week, or $100 for a summer pass
- Leftwich and Wolbrecht: $60 per week, $200 for a summer pass
Campers should bring:
- water bottle
- hat or visor
- sunglasses (optional)
- cold towel (optional)
Camp is weather dependent. In case of inclement weather, parents will be notified of any cancellations by 7:00 AM via REMIND. Text your site code to 81010 to sign up for these alerts. Camp closings will be made on a site-by-site basis. If inclement weather develops during camp hours, parents will be notified and the staff will remain on-site with campers as they are picked up.
Eldon Roark: @eldonr
Makeup Policy: Those attending by the week can make up missed days during a later week in which they aren’t already scheduled to attend. There are no make-up days for Summer Pass holders. NO REFUNDS.